Sunday, December 24, 2006

my baby nephew, Jackson

About four months ago I uploaded a picture of my little nephew as a newly conceived embryo. Now, I have just gained access to the latest pictures of the little guy via my brother and his wife's flickr site.

Now some people might not be used to seeing such intimate pictures - so I apologize to you if this goes against your sensibilities.
To tell you the truth, I'm not used to seeing these types of pictures either, and well, it does feel a little unorthodox to publish them all over the net. BUT, considering that my brother and his wife had them up first, well, I guess I'm not transgressing any of their boundaries. As for me, I think they are right, we need to celebrate the new life of any baby - especially that of my own nephew, who is due this May.

So for now, I have three comments about these pics. First, I think it is funny that based on these pictures alone, my mom is convinced that the little guy looks just like my brother. I don't see it, but apparently Kim, my sister-in-law, sees it too. Mom says it is because the baby has a big head - as does my brother. Eric says, that, while the latter might be true, the kid is, after all, only a fetus... So the little tyke is bound to sport a giant noggin. Even if his parents were pinheands (which they are not), the little baby would be nothing but head at this early stage in his life...

I don't know what to believe. And I haven't had a chance to ask Kim yet why she thinks the little thing resembles my big bro either... I am curious though, so I'll do that tomorrow. [Note from the next day: I asked Kim today why, and she said that the baby in the pictures seems to have sharper features - a stronger forehead and jaw line - similar to my brothers.]

But on to comment number two: I'm not sure WHO added those wierd notes, detailing where the baby's arms, head, and actual smile are ... I think it's a little creepy (forgive me), but anyway... I'll try to get more details on this artistic license tomorrow too - and then I'll report back to you. [Note: It was Kim who added the diagrams -which makes me feel bad for saying it was "creepy". I had just assumed my brother had done that...]

In the meantime, here is comment number three: if you haven't already cross-referenced these images on Eric and Kim's flickr site, I think it should be pointed out that the darker, undiagrammed pictures above are of the baby's 2-month ultrasounds. The two pictures below, which are a little more crimson in tone, are ultrasounds at 16 weeks (so... uh... I guess at 4 months?)... Cool cool. cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home