Tuesday, October 10, 2006

So so very tired...

Good Night to you LA Traffic

Ever since I have gotten back to LA I have been just so so very tired that I never want to write in my blog anymore - although there are topics that I think about all the time that seem truly deserving of a blog entry. For example, I would really like to make a list of all the things I forgot about and hate about LA... Like that the TRAFFIC absolutely SUX here. I want to blame the traffic above all for my being so tired all the time. I mean, it takes just so much time and energy to go even only a couple of blocks in this city.

Another blog entry that I think is ripe for the blogosphere is the surprising diversity of UCLA, which is also something that I had either forgotten about while abroad, or just taken for granted while I was living in this city before. It really is astounding how many different ethnicities and foreign nationals are present on the UCLA campus. My first two days back I overheard a surprising number of conversations in Korean and Chinese. I also heard people talking in Japanese, Hebrew, Arabic, Persian and Portuguese. And this was all in a matter of about 30 minutes, during the short amount of time that I was walking around campus. After I thought about this further a little, I realized that the friends I had met over the course of my second day on campus included 1 Bulgarian, 1 Arab American, 1 Palestinian, 1 Greek, 1 Indian American ... and an Italian. How remarkable is that?

A picture of "my highway," the 405, which from now on, I intend to avoid like the plague. This image was taken right below the Getty Center, which is only a few blocks west of UCLA

But sigh, I am too tired to talk about these things in further detail. My dashboard time has sapped all the energy and fun out of me. LA, its hot sun, high prices, and nasty traffic are wearing me out. Apartment hunting is taking a lot of time too. Meanwhile, I have been struggling to write a 20-30 page paper by Sunday, all-the-while bopping around as people's guest because I am homeless and have no desk. Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home