Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ban Ki-moon: Front Runner for next UN Secretary General

I am really excited about this. I still have to figure out what this guy's position is on a lot of things, but I am very happy to see someone from Korea, an amazing but often underrecognized country (I feel), take on such an important role on the global stage.

Of course it also helps that he comes from Harvard - getting an MPA at the Kennedy School of Government in 1985!! (For better or worse, I have a bit of a bias for graduates from this school - especially since my best friends when I was at Harvard were students there.... (They DID, after all, have THE best parties!!))

Anyways, Ban Ki-Moon, who is currently the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of South Korea, is the top runner among about a half dozen candidates under consideration for the position. Kofi Annan will step down after a ten-year tour as Secretary General at the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home