Thursday, February 07, 2008

Family Food Formulas

I've been cleaning out my piles of miscellaneous "junk" lately and found some recipes that my auntie gave me recently. They have to be saved - but the most appropriate way to do it, I'm not really sure. Hence this blog posting, which might alternatively be titled "Family Flashbacks to Food"!

What I decided to do is to scan each of these recipes from my two grandmothers and my wicked-good-cook-for-an-aunt, Marlene, and post them here and on my Picasa web site - for all the world to enjoy. The first recipe, "Annie's muffins," is apparently a hand-me-down from my deceased paternal grandmother, Annabelle Hart Davis, who was famous in the family for making yummy cinnamon roles. She gave this recipe to my aunt decades ago, who then passed it on to me last Thanksgiving.

The second recipe is from my other grandmother, Maria Franco Varian, on my mom's side- who is still alive and very much still "kickin' it." She wasn't much of a cook - as most anyone in the family will tell you. But! she did make some pretty da%*m good lumpia - or Filipino egg rolls. My aunt was saving this recipe to pass on to family members like me also.

And finally, and Just who is this aunt that I keep talking about? It's my Auntie Marlene, who is known in the family for being a consummate chef and homemaker. She gave me her pipin' hot recipe for stroganoff, which she prepared for me, Scott, and the rest of the family a couple of months ago. She claims the secret to the recipe is in the wine sherry...



To see a closeup of any of these recipes, just click on the image.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

旅行に行った時についでにヤって¥7OOOOもらったww
旅費が浮くどころか遊びまくったよヽ( ・∀・)ノ
http://houkei.yycola.net/gyaku/

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home