Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sun Spotting with Clouds

Today I went skiing with my best friend from high school, Cari, my father, and Karen. The weather was perfect - as Dad said, "It's as good as it ever gets today."

Some of my favorite things to shoot with the camera are the sky - especially when it is deep deep blue - shadows, and light. Today I thought I would try adding shots of the clouds to my "repertoire." I found out it is pretty hard to shoot them - because they aren't always as clear or visibly colorful in the lense. Also, if not shot properly, they can end up looking rather banal.


Sun Spotting with Clouds
Originally uploaded by annmerry.
I did get this shot today though - of which I am very proud. I was skiing down the bottom of Shay's revenge at Snowshoe (extremely icey, and completely unenjoyable as a slope today). I saw this image over my shoulder to the right, right before I was about to make a sharp turn down where it was particularly steep and icy. I pulled out the camera anyway - although I might have easily lost balance and tumbled down the hill.

I think this shot was soooo worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey was just rolling thru wanted to let ya know ya got a cool blog here Nice Job.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your weblog! Very nice post! Still you can do many things to improve it.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home