Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Brother the Daddy Homemaker


Cooking with Baby
Jack

Originally uploaded by
Eric and Kim
As a women's studies kind of chick, I think this photo is just AWESOME. What an example for the "modern" man. My brother is a role model!

I fell in love with this picture a couple of weeks ago when Eric put it up on his flickr site. At the time I had a hard time getting it up on my blog - but I never forgot about it, and so came back to it today.

As for updates on baby Jack (whom I like to refer to these days as "Jock-san" a la japonaise): driving all the way from Virginia to Wisconsin, my mom and dad just visited little Jack last week. Eric says Mom is just fantastic with the baby. I wish I could have been there to see my parents as grandparents for the first time.

Eric says that Jack is starting to smile, which, I can tell, just delights my big brother. He says you can tickle him and he will give you a little grin. It won't be long now before he will be able "to smile on demand," as the proud father puts it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ann Merry

Congratulations that now you're an auntie!

I also fell in love with this picture!(a bit dagerouss to boil spatties with the baby at his front. )Tell Your brother to piggy back Jack like Japanese)when he's cooking. Masayo

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ann Merry

Masayo again. Is it alright to
put up your brother and his Jack picture to my social net work service?
I think this is such a nice model for young fathers and husbands in Japan. I'll wait until you say OK

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home