Wednesday, September 06, 2006

monkeys in my bed

this morning i got a small, miniscule taste of the joys of having kids around the house. when my alarm clock went off, i hit the snooze button, dead to the world. i did NOT want to get up (still have some jet lag and couldn't fall asleep last night). but before i could grab some more shut-eye, there is pounding on my door, and little voices crying "open up", "open up".

I opened the door - I was excited to see the little ruggers too. And the kids come piling in and decide to start bouncing on my bed. i have the sheets wrapped around me modestly, and the kids start poking at me - poking my belling and my shoulders laughing that its time to get dressed and asking me if i'm in my underwear (i was not, i just didn't have any "undergarments" on).

one of the kids starts jumping up and down beside me chanting "get up, get up, get up," which makes me more sleepy. so i fell back over on to my pillow, at which point she stands up and then takes a big jump and dives on top of me. thank god my stomach was empty, or i would have lost my dinner. fortunately, i love the little rugger, and her way of diving was really cute. she made me laugh so hard.

then later when i was using the bathroom in a room where the bathroom door doesn't lock, the younger rugger, m, knocks and then just comes right in. i say "no, no" "dame!" (no, that's bad, don't do that), but she just giggles and starts rooting around the room for her toothbrush. five minutes later, she has found it and is starting to brush her teeth as i'm finishing up taking care of my own business. unfortunately, i cannot run after her and chase her out of the room, because, as suggested, i am a little preoccupied.

oh what a life. it's kind of fun - if not hectic - to do a homestay with cute, little ruggers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.M. you really should try it before YOU turn 40!

Jenn

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home