Monday, August 14, 2006

Yesterday at Ishiki Beach


Yesterday at Ishiki Beach
Originally uploaded by annmerry.
Mia and I went to Ishiki Beach yesterday in what turned out to be a near-perfect day. [ I guess the only thing that would have made it more perfect would be to have gotten help with my suntan lotion from a certain good-looking "honey bee" ]. It was our last minute attempt to enjoy some summer in Hayama before we both fly out to Switzerland and then home to the States in a couple of weeks. We took the bus down from Sokendai around 1:30, hired a beach umbrella from one of the beach huts, and hung out at the beach until about 5:30. At dusk, we ran into Mike, who introduced us to the owner of a beach hut/club called "Umigoya" where we had supper and listened to a band called Boots Boys play live music.
The band was so good I bought their CD. Mia taught me how to play a card game called King's Corner - and just when I thought I was gonna kick her butt, she swooped in and obliterated me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home